This isn’t the start to the new year we were hoping for. We are now in a national lockdown and we all have to stay at home, only leaving for essential reasons including:
- Essential shopping for things like food or medicine
- To go to work if you cannot do so from home
- To meet your support bubble or childcare bubble
- To seek medical assistance or avoid injury or risk of harm including domestic abuse
- To attend childcare or education for those eligible
- Exercise with your household or support bubble once a day. You can exercise with one other person when you are on your own but should not meet them socially. Do not travel outside of your area to exercise.
If you break the rules you risk a fine of £200 for the first offence, doubling for further offences up to a maximum of £6,400.
To help protect everyone from Covid-19, always remember Hands Face Space and ventilate indoor spaces. Full details of the restrictions can be found on the Government website.
There is support available to help:
- Residents with financial difficulties
- Health and mental well-being
- Vulnerable people and carers
- Education and childcare
- Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
If you or someone you know needs support in the community, such as with shopping and prescription collection, you can find your local community group here. If you would like to volunteer to help, you can find opportunities here.
The following helplines are available for those in crisis: