Campaigns and Infrastructure Officer for South Gloucestershire Liberal Democrats
Working For: South Gloucestershire Liberal Democrats
Location: Based at the South Gloucestershire Liberal Democrats office, Iron Acton
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 depending on experience
Scope of the role:
We are looking for a dynamic Campaigns and Infrastructure Officer to lead the day to day running of campaigning activity in South Gloucestershire. A key focus will be building a volunteer team capable of fighting elections, so strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others are important. The post-holder will be expected to establish positive working relationships across a range of key individuals, groups and stakeholders. This role will require flexibility in hours, with regular evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be available.
Reporting to: Chair, South Gloucestershire Liberal Democrats
- Work with the South Gloucestershire Liberal Democrat Executive to enthuse and motivate our volunteers, and ensure that they are used effectively and trained
- To be the primary point of contact for Liberal Democrat members, activists and councillors across South Gloucestershire
- Organise and support campaigning activity, including regular press releases and social media.
- Design & produce high quality campaign materials against agreed deadlines and assist local Focus editors with their publications.
- Use a database effectively for campaigning purposes.
- Help to manage digital communications channels such as websites, social media and email.
- Maintain the running of the Liberal Democrat office.
- Assist the local party volunteers with fund-raising activities and social events.
- Provide reports as needed to the South Gloucestershire Executive
- Work with other Liberal Democrat organisations as required.
- Any other duties related to the scope of this post.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with colleagues, members, volunteers and external organisations.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Insight into campaigning techniques, including support for canvassing sessions, telephone canvassing, and digital campaigning.
- Knowledge of design & print media, especially the ability to produce high quality artwork, generation of content and project management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, self-motivating and managing own workload.
- Ability to work flexibly with frequent weekend and evening work, and a high work load in election periods.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathetic to the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
- Candidates must have access to own transport because of the nature of our rural constituency.
- Ability to develop and manage volunteers including the allocation of tasks & resources against agreed objectives.
- Experience of software packages used by the Liberal Democrats including Page Plus, Connect, NationBuilder.
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to improve targeting of activity.
- Experience in a fundraising role.
To apply, please send a CV and Covering Letter (including names of referees, one of whom should be your current or recent employer) to email@example.com or by post to:
South Gloucestershire Liberal Democrats
Home Close Stables
For an informal discussion, please contact Glyn Ley on 01454 228937.
Closing Date for applications:
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 16th October 2017
Interviews will be held week commencing 23rd October 2017
Start date: Monday 20th November or ASAP after this date.
Your application should explain why you have the energy, skills, understanding of political campaigning and any other relevant experience to make a real difference in the post.
Please note that your referees may be contacted without permission unless you indicate that you would prefer otherwise.